- Cut the shoulder into one-inch cubes. Trim off any sinew or cartilage.
- Remove excess preserving salt from the casings and soak in lukewarm water. [See our preparation guide for details]. This allows the casings to relax and makes them much easier to handle.
- Mince the pork shoulder on a medium die and place in the fridge.
- Place all of the remaining ingredients in a bowl and mix together.
- Combine the minced pork shoulder with the mixed ingredients.
- For best filling results follow our guide for How to Make the Perfect Sausage.
Note: Before starting, inspect all work surfaces and equipment to ensure they are scrupulously clean.